B2C/B2B Goal Analysis:
As the association of Facebook as a tool for business needs grows, the real power of Facebook for business comes when you add the proper accessories and applications and try them out for your professional needs, whether you are in B2C or B2B space.
Facebook offers a creative array of applications and gadgets available at one click provided one has a Facebook profile. However, instead of sporadically adding each and every feature, one should analyze what business goals they want to achieve with the help of Facebook and only then choose the tools that will help get closer to the goals.
Top Facebook Apps Proven to Empower B2C and B2B Business
- NetworkedBlogs – is a community of bloggers which offers another great way to promote your blogs via a visual blogroll on your profile or a blog feed imported to your profile or public page. This provides some additional sharing opportunities for the content.
- Marketplace – allows users to fill out listings in a similar format to the site’s own status updates. Advantages to using Facebook marketplace are enormous: from encouraging more personalized sales to creating trust between locally based users.
- SlideShare – is the world’s largest community for sharing presentations. You can upload your own PowerPoint, OpenOffice, Keynote or PDF files and view presentations shared by others. This is a great way to spread your professional expertise through presentations and promotional content including ads, e-books, and brochures.
- Facebook Insights – is a tool that helps analyze your data to know how your marketing efforts on Facebook are working. It shows you which kinds of posts have the most engagement, sharing, Likes, etc.
- Promotions – allows businesses to create promotions, in addition to marketing campaigns on Facebook Fan Pages. It’s easy to set up and use for contests, sweepstakes, coupons, and giveaways. This is especially useful for B2C businesses.
- Pinvolve – Especially with the growing popularity of Pinterest, this app is a perfect way to increase activity between Pinterest and Facebook amongst fans, potential consumers, etc. With this app you and your fans can pin your Facebook posts right to Pinterest, supplying another channel for connecting to your Facebook page. This will also help you keep in mind the value of visual posting!
- Pagemodo – is a tool that allows you to be your own page designer, providing you with customizable templates for your Facebook page, easy-to-add features like slideshows, videos, contact forms, and maps, and powerful social media tools like fan coupons and “like” gates. This will help give your business a professional and visually appealing look without needing advanced graphic design skills.
- Testimonials – is a tool used to gather all personal and professional references in one place. Encouraging customers and contacts to post testimonials about your work and expertise adds great marketing content to your profile and great marketing value to your business.
- Facebook Questions – is an underused feature that’s part of the status update bar, and is a great way to get feedback from customers and potential clients by posting questions that they can respond to. You can use it simply as a way to boost engagement, or as a tool for brand improvement. It also provides more exposure for your business, because their Facebook friends will see their responses, increasing your business/brand’s visibility. Depending on how you use it, it’s a great tool for engagement and data collection without seeming overly pushy with a promotional agenda.
- Off-the-rack widgets – these are widgets which can be added to the Facebook profile on the fly, just at one mouse-click without any efforts from the side of web developers. These are pretty well known by now due to the frequency of their use and connect you to your social and professional communities across multiple channels and aimed to ease B2C and B2B communication and promote businesses. They include:
- Like button: Site visitors will be able to publish your content on their Facebook, thus spreading your information, i.e. business ideas, services, wares etc. in masses.
- Fan Page: Fan pages give a kind of a home for a business on Facebook and boost the Facebook information stream. The content from fan pages can be shared with the fans, as well as updates and links from their friends. Benefits of Fan pages on Facebook for B2B and B2C companies include:
- Ability to educate and stay connected with customers, users, etc.: people willingly become fans of companies and brands, because they want to keep up with and associate themselves with the company.
- Real-time customer service: with close monitoring you can address customer/client issues immediately as they come up.
- Lead generation: Fan pages help large B2B companies and brands build relationships with other companies in addition to potential consumers/clients.
- Twitter widget: If this widget is activated, each time when you update the content on your Facebook page, it will automatically update your Twitter account. Sharing information directly from Facebook to Twitter gives a great opportunity to drive Twitter followers to your Facebook page.
- LinkedIn add-on: This add-on makes it easier to promote your LinkedIn account with a badge on your Facebook profile. This app works for cross promoting social network activities, which is a great way to extend your reach.